Children’s Poetry Summit Mission Statement
The Children’s Poetry Summit is a UK network of individuals and organisations actively interested in poetry for children. It provides a regular forum for discussion, information exchange, sharing of ideas and good practice, and a pressure group which campaigns for children’s poetry.
Members are children’s poets, publishers, teachers, librarians, booksellers, organisations and individuals interested in children’s poetry
Our principle aims are to:
- exchange information and ideas, keep up to date with what is currently happening and generally raise the profile of children’s poetry
- create opportunities and campaign on behalf of poetry for children and teens through publishing, bookselling, in schools, teacher training colleges and literature organisations
- support and promote the writing of poetry by children
In pursuance of these aims we undertake to:
- encourage wide participation in the group, to include poets, teachers, librarians, publishers, literature organisations and booksellers
- exploit potential of social media – maintain a regular presence on Facebook and Twitter and consider setting up a Blog where opinions and activities relating to the Summit can be expressed
- make use of all opportunities to promote Poetry Summit – IBBY UK Newsletter, YLG E-Newsletter, BooksforKeeps, Conferences, The Poetry Library, The Poetry Society, TES, The Guardian and other media outlets.
- follow up on opportunities to provide platforms for and promote each other’s work